Tips for Last Minute Cruises from Port Everglades
How does pricing work on Last Minute Cruises from Port Everglades?
Cruise lines fill almost every cabin on every sailing, and many cabins have more than 2 people. Cruise lines make much of their profits from high-margin items like shore excursions, liquor, spa treatments, alternative restaurant surcharges, etc. So, if the ship still has many empty cabins to fill less than 60 days prior to departure, cruise lines will get aggressive about selling those cabins.
However, while the cruise line might get aggressive, they are very smart in how they go about offering those cabins at a discount. Here's why:
- Most cruise lines have a lowest price guarantee to get people to book early. Those guarantees mean the cruise lines must compensate qualifying customers if a lower price becomes available.
- However, there are loopholes in those guarantees that cruise lines use to minimize the occurrences of having to payout to those already booked.
- Most of the loopholes are related to existing customers being eligible for a targeted discount (military, past passenger, resident of a certain state, senior citizen).
So when searching for a list minute cruise from Port Everglades, we will ask qualifying questions (are you a past passenger, senior citizen, etc.) during your cruise search. Those questions are being asked to help find you a lower price.
Last minute cruise "deals" might not always be related to offering a low price. Cruise lines do their best to avoid lowering their prices. Instead, last minute bookers from Port Everglades may be offered the following incentives:
- Cabin category upgrades: You pay for a lower cabin category, you get to select a cabin from a higher category. On a last minute cruise from Port Everglades, you might pay for a cabin with a picture window, but, end up in a cabin with a balcony.
- Onboard / Shipboard Spending Credit: Instead of a lower price, the ship provides you credit on your shipboard account that you can spend on anything that you can charge to your cabin. In a sense, this is as good as an outright discount off the price of the cruise.
Prices tend to be highest when kids are out of school. Christmas, Summer, and Spring Break often have peak pricing.
When are the best prices available on Last Minute Cruises from Port Everglades?
When kids are in school is when the prices tend to be lowest - September, October, early November and early December. Prices on cruises last minute cruises from Fort Lauderale also tend to be relatively low in early January when kids are back in school, and parents go back to work.
Prices tend to be highest when kids are out of school. Christmas, Summer, and Spring Break often have peak pricing and last minute cruise deals from Port Everglades are hard to find.
From a weather perspective, the best time to sail is from late November to late April. From June through November, the weather in the Bahamas and the Caribbean tends to be more hot and humid, and there are frequent, short rain showers (much like Hawaii) on most days. While "hurricane season" (June through November) can feature some good prices, and often good weather, it is "buyer beware." Cruise ships will steer clear of hurricanes and tropical storms, and if the water in the port is too rough for the ship to safely dock or anchor, the port call may get cancelled and you will have an extra "sea day." For 7 day cruises during busy weather weeks in hurricane season, it is not unheard of for only one port of call to be successfully completed (instead of the 3 or 4 ports of call listed on the itinerary). Bottom line, it is "buyer beware" when taking a cruise during hurricane season.
Do prices ever go up on Last Minute Cruises from Port Everglades?
Yes. As a cruise ship sells out, the number of discounts will be fewer -- even to the point where the last cabins on a popular cruise (Spring Break, Christmas, & New Years) cruises end up selling at the full (brochure) price.
What other ports near Port Everglades have Last Minute Cruises?
Yes, there are several alternatives for you to consider if you are looking for a last minute cruise. The most easily accessible alternatives are:
Last Minute Cruises From Port Everglades Resources
Let CruisesFromPortEverglades.com send you on a Last Minute Cruise from Port Everglades
. You'll find the largest selection of Cheap Port Everglades Cruise Deals and helpful advice on Last Minute Cruises from Port Everglades
. Book your Port Everglades cruise
online, or call our Last Minute cruise experts at (800) 961-4635.
Images Copyright: Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruise Lines